Saturday, May 4, 2013

Song 'John Butler Train'


John Butler Train
© Mark Tindall
Author: Mark Tindall

Follow me now, follow me close,
Follow my every step
My name is John Butler Train
(Don’t think that we have met)
Don’t you ever forget

VS

Bipolar light and bottled mind
Smoking on the stage
Words woven deep in political threads
Wisdom of the sage

Hammer, knife or plain lead pipe
Or demon drink my friend
Farewell Dylan, Lennon and Co.
Going round the bend

Homeless street, without a cent
Tom, Sanders, manage me
Ochs is dead, I murdered him
Who wants to murder me

Look ahead , now look around
CIA and FBI
Play the song, sing out loud
While I live and die

CODA:

Phi Ochs , where have you gone? John Butler Train

My name is John Butler Train
My latest song "John Butler Train" - a song about Phil Ochs. Listen or download as free mp3 at http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11788140

Like my Facebook Muscian page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Tindall/125474904180434 and get more updates and information regarding my own original music plus music in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment